Listening To The Voice In Your Heart
Most of the exercises you will read about in this blog I received from my guides when channeling. For those of you who don’t know, channeling is when a person gets information from a source other than themselves. Some of the energies you can channel are your spirit guides, angels, universal energies, your higher self, the divine, and if you’re a Medium you can channel the spirits of people who have passed away. When I first began channeling I was going through an extremely difficult transition in my life. I had recently graduated college and moved home, trading the beautiful city of Manhattan for my own personal prison in suburbia. Like so many other college kids I was also utterly unemployed as well and had no idea where my life was going. In the midst of all this, I was faced with the gut wrenching realization that the on and off relationship I was so invested in for the last 3 ½ years was finally ending.
In light of my newfound ability to directly connect and speak with my guides, I decided to turn to them for guidance. Unfortunately, I couldn’t be objective about the things they said. That’s the funny thing about channeling; the more emotionally invested you are, the less accurate the information. So, I asked them what I could do to get the honest advice I desperately needed without all the inaccuracy. They told me to always listen to my heart and it would never steer me wrong. I thought “Gee, thanks guys. If you’ve ever watched a Disney movie that one was a no brainer.” My guides sensed I wasn’t having it! They provided me with the following method for listening to the voice of my own heart, without all the insecurities and expectations of what I wanted to hear…they also shut me up real quick! You should use this exercise when trying to figure out what you REALLY need in your heart and soul.
Listening To Your Heart:
- Find a private place and take some time to relax.
- Close your eyes and do some deep breathing. Count to 4 on the inhale, count to 4 on the exhale.
- Visualize a green light spinning at the center of your chest. This is your Heart Chakra. Visualize this until you can see the light clearly.
- Once the light is clear in your mind, with each inhale; imagine a bright white light beaming down from above and filling your Heart Chakra. Exhale and see the light of your Heart Chakra intensifying, glowing brighter and more intensely. Do this until you feel your Heart is fully energized.
- Imagine you are now entering the light of your Heart Chakra. Know that you have just entered your heart.
- Let the green light surround you in all directions. After a few moments you will begin to see a lonely beach.
- Use your senses to get a very clear picture of the beach. Feel the sand. Smell the sea air. What is the weather like? Is it night or day? How do you feel? What do you see?
- Once you have your bearings find a spot on the beach where you feel most comfortable and sit.
- Take a moment to listen to the waves hitting the shore. This is the voice of your heart. Listen until you hear words. Maybe it’s lyrics to a song. Maybe you hear music. Don’t expect anything. Just let the message come to you.
- Write down everything you experienced and evaluate the message your heart is sending to you. What do you really need?
When I first channeled this exercise I thought it was actually very cliché and I’ll admit I was skeptical. It seemed very simplistic and, quite frankly, a round about way of coming to an obvious conclusion. Once I did it I saw that it was actually extremely useful and I came to really value what it can do. We so rarely listen to the purity in our heart. Insecurities and fear are all too often confused with sensibility. The voice of the Ego is much louder than the gentle voice of the heart. When we enter the heart this way, we allow ourselves to listen only to love. Whatever that voice says is honest. It is true.